We are in search of a seasoned facility manager with large breadth of experience in both the development of new chemical manufacturing infrastructure as well as managing ongoing operations for all material and service aspects associated with the operation of the facility. Our recently opened specialty chemical synthesis facility requires ongoing construction of supportive infrastructure as well as ensuring materials and personnel management for efficient ongoing operations.
The chemical operation is currently limited to the lab space serving technical staff of 10-12 chemists/technicians. The incumbent will work closely with senior management and engineering to develop and manage construction of required facility infrastructure to support all aspects of chemical manufacturing, operations, building. Although size is limited the scope of the role requires experience with design, layout, construction for lab spaces, e.g., flooring, ventilation, casework etc. and additionally experience in providing the support services to the technical staff for incoming and outgoing materials, maintenance of utilities and other aspects of operations support. This position requires direct, engaged management over both the construction of new facilities and day-to-day oversight for existing facility operations.
- Accountable for operational and physical aspects of facility
- Manage 3rd party services and leasing activity
- Manage all site construction and maintenance activities
- Maintain receiving, shipping and inventory areas for incoming materials
- Assure safety and hazmat compliance
- Documentation for training EHS records
- Ongoing maintenance and operations of physical plant
- Maintain appropriate documentation/training records
Initial activities will focus on developing a working plan/schedule for physical construction related to the facility, general contract skills for identifying and managing appropriate service providers essential for this work. Support services are currently limited and will give the incumbent an opportunity to work with management to design and establish these services as an ongoing support effort.
This is a foundational position that relies on the engaged efforts of the incumbent – emphasis on building a safe, effective infrastructure to support quality production. If you are a broadly experienced, results-oriented facility manager this is an opportunity to really build out the facility operation with management from the ground floor – will be an enjoyable challenge – we’re waiting for you.
- 5 years or more of proven experience in project management for the development of infrastructure as well as effective operation of critical aspects of servicing an R&D to pilot scale chemical manufacturing operation.
- Experience in working effectively with third party resources to efficiently execute project plans is essential.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and construction work is expected as well as operational experience in shipping, receiving and service contractor management.
- Associate or Bachelor engineering degree or other formal technical education is a plus.
- Chemical industry experience is a plus but experience in other engineering related manufacturing will also be considered.
- Experience in organizations related to the use of high-purity materials for demanding applications, e.g., semiconductor manufacturing, advanced materials and pharmaceuticals highly desirable
Location: Sheboygan Falls, WI
This is a full-time position
For our recently opened lab in Sheboygan Falls, WI we’re hiring for a unique multidisciplinary position with a primary focus on QC chemistry and, secondly, the project management.
The main function of this role will include development and validation of analytical testing methods working with development teams, production departments, and customers. The QC Chemist is responsible for the analysis of samples in the Quality Control area and all related paperwork. Analysis involves the use of HPLC, GC, KF, DSC, MS, and NMR among other tests and instruments. The position demonstrates the ability to work on, and solve, problems independently with little guidance. This position is responsible for performing method development and validations. This position is responsible for writing protocols and standard operating procedures and training other staff on laboratory techniques. Reviewing/evaluating analytical data for final products, intermediates, and raw materials may be required to support review, root cause investigation, and technical writing. Other responsibilities include participation in process improvement initiatives, maintaining a clean and safe working environment, and supporting the department in maintaining the laboratory in an audit ready state.
The project manager function of this role will include coordinating various projects and tasks between the chemist team and the other groups in the organization (procurement/purchasing, customer service, sales). Assisting with internal cost calculations, equipment allocation, work planning and others.
- Able to recognize problems before they happen.
- Able to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Work on complex and challenging problems in which analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Apply theoretical concepts and good scientific rationale to identify root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance and oversee new and less experienced personnel.
- Able to interpret analytical data (including NMR & MS).
- Perform review of analytical data for accuracy and quality.
- Perform method validations and write technical reports.
- Analytically test in-process, final products, intermediates, and raw materials. Testing will involve the use of HPLC, GC, KF, MS, and NMR among other tests and instruments.
- Write and revise SOPs including raw material, intermediate, and final product specifications.
- Document testing properly and in a timely fashion, including keeping laboratory notebooks accurate and up to date.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory techniques.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain the cleanliness of the work environment.
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for extended periods of time.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds unassisted and be capable of pushing and pulling heavy materials to complete assignments. May be required to lift more poundage with assistance.
- Regularly use phones, computers, computer monitors, and all office/laboratory equipment.
- Required to type at a computer keyboard and can read computer monitors.
- Frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear (lab coats, safety glasses/goggles, chemical resistant sleeves, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protective equipment “PPE” to protect from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors, or airborne particles.
- Must be willing to work with highly potent/hazardous materials requiring the use of proper PPE, which could include half/full face respirators.
- B.S. or B.A. in Chemistry or another biological sciences discipline
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical laboratory environment
- 5+ years related work experience in an analytical laboratory environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical writing skills, as well as excellent documentation practices.
- Ability to lead or work within a team environment and in analytical testing labs with hazardous and toxic chemicals.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of organic analytical chemistry, method validation, qualifications and technical transfers
Location: Sheboygan Falls, WI
This is a full-time position
Looking for a sales professional with an established network of relationships in the semiconductor industry. Must have a proven track record of increasing sales. This is a new position requiring a highly motivated and organized achiever to establish the sales process and develop a sales methodology based on our go-to-market strategy. Owns the marketing budget. Reports directly to the General Manager.
- Develop sales methodology and systems: Define strategy for entire sales process by conducting market analysis, solutions strategy, value proposition, and proposal development.
- Direct the marketing budget.
- Prospecting and networking within the semiconductor space to develop new, long-term relationships.
- Work with General Manager to develop professional appearance and presentations at industry conferences and trade shows.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets for a long-cycle technical sale.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of contacts and exchanges for analysis of sales efforts.
- Attain or exceed sales quotas.
- 5 year experience selling to the semiconductor industry.
- Proven sales record.
- Exceptional networking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a solo and a team mode. Self-starter.
Candidate can be located anywhere in the United States; this is a remote position.
This is a full-time position
- Warehouse Manager verifies contents of received shipments from international sources, then re-groups contents for either warehouse inventory or re-packaging and shipment to domestic locations.
- Creates shipping papers/computer entries and labels for appropriate carriers.
- All handling and packaging of chemicals must be done following OCSA regulations for HAZMAT materials.
- The Manager is also responsible for organizing and maintaining the warehouse, as well as inventory control, of both chemical products and shipping supplies.
- Works with Sales to create and provide shipping quotes and status of shipments.
- Associates degree or certificate program in supply chain, logistics, transportation, or related field;
- 2 years experience in shipping and receiving; chemical industry experience is a plus.
- All products are classified as HAZMAT; HAZMAT shipper certification is a major plus.
- Experience with ground transportation regulations, including US DOT.
- Needs reliable transportation.
- Ability to multitask and meet all deadlines.
- Basic math skills.
- Outstanding attention to details.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word). QuickBooks is a plus
- Proficient English (writing and speaking).
- May be subject to background check.
- Must pass a Drug Test.
Our warehouse at the Hartsfield Jackson Airport.
Part-time, 20 hours per week minimum